How Print Marketing Can Improve Your Sales
The goal of marketing a business is to gain awareness or increase sales. There are several different ways companies can market their products or services. They can promote online, in-person, or via print. Some companies chose to participate in all three methods.
When a business spends on money on advertising, they expect it to turn into sales. Their ROI (return on investment) is what determines whether the advertisement was worth the money spent. As a commercial printer who has been in business for over 100 years, we understand the value of print marketing. We’ve seen trends in advertising change over the years, but what keeps us in business is the continuous value in print.
Here are a few tips to increase the ROI with print advertising:
1. The first and most important step to creating print materials is to determine how to add value. Whether that is sharing a special promotion or introducing a new product/service, the advertisement’s design and copy are only as good as the item/service being showcased.
2. Understand the audience. It is crucial before the ad is created to decide who the ideal audience is. The type of audience and what is being sold will help determine what type of advertisement is best: brochure, flyer, booklet, post card, poster, etc.
3. Determine how the ad will be distributed. Will the ad be sent out through direct mail? Or will it be hung inside a business? The placement of the ad determines what type of information should be included and how the design should be executed.
4. Hire a professional designer and copywriter. Going back to the ROI, it would be a waste of a marketing budget to not hire professionals to work on the ad. Using an employee with no experience in marketing can lead to poor execution and an unsuccessful print advertisement. The design and copy are crucial to reaching the correct audience and in turn, increasing sales.
5. Use a professional commercial printer. We pride ourselves in using only the best equipment to complete the job. Our print presses make each piece precisely and in a timely manner. No project is too complex for us. Whether the ad includes different print finishes or a special material, we will make sure the ad is exactly what the company imagines.
Chat with us to determine what print marketing needs you have and see how your business can increase sales through print this year!
As a graphic designer, I have been using O’Neil’s print services for many years and keep coming back because of quality and consistency. Customer service is excellent and I always get quick responses to all my questions.
Becky Ankeny DesignBecky Ankeny Design
I’ve been dealing with printers for a long time. Very rarely do they come close to the consistent level of care that we encounter every time working with O’Neil.”
Mike Fretto, Tuft & NeedleLearn more about Tuft & Needle
O’Neil is unmatched when it comes to customer service and quality.
Greg Forney, Langham PartnershipLearn more about Langham Partnership
We’ve been very pleased with all of our projects at O’Neil. The staff is always professional, extremely courteous and personable, and shows a true interest in providing high quality printing.
Carrisa Kienzle, Global Training NetworkMore about Global Training Network
I’ve always been impressed with O’Neil’s professionalism and communication. From high-end brochures to time-sensitive, variable direct mail, they’ve always come through for me.
Perry Wilson, Fabcom Integrated Strategic MarketingLearn more about Fabcom Integrated Strategic Marketing
Everyone at O’Neil is invested in creating a final product we can all be proud of. We highly recommend them.
Don Newlen, Fervor CreativeLearn More About Fervor Creative
We don’t consider O’Neil just vendors. We view them as an extension of our shop.
Fred Cisneros, Owner/Creative Director, Cisneros Design, Inc.Learn more about Fred + Cisneros Design, Inc.
I couldn’t have been more thrilled with the service I got working with O’Neil. They were completely transparent and helpful throughout the entire printing process, and explained any nuances or questions that came up.
Adrian Mendez, DesignerLearn More About Adrian + Rule 29
We needed a printer who could assure a high-quality product and provide solutions to our questions when we wanted to try new printing methods. O’Neil does just that and more. They have become a trusted partner in our business.